Saturday, December 24, 2011

Just some things I don't want to forget


Grant loves to create!



Maddie loves to explore!



1.) Madelynn refers to Bert and Ernie as "Bernie"

2.) Grant pronounces Mustache as "Mush-stache"

3.) Chris was watching a BYU football game and told Maddie to say "Go Cougars." She raised her arms and yelled, "Go Lions!"

4.) Our van got stopped at a railroad crossing for a freight train. Grant asked us what types of things are shipped on freight trains. We talked about possible items (building materials, etc). Then I said, "maybe there are some hobos on the train." Grant's response: "Silly mom, hobos aren't real."

5.) I asked Grant what I should make for dinner and he suggested "Fa- zangna," I said ok, we can have lasagna. He corrected me by saying, "No I want 'FA-zangna.' It has milk, pepper, animal and hair."

6.) Grant has missed preschool because of the winter vacation. So I told him at the end of the vacation that the next day he would start up preschool again. He then said, "Oh good, I have missed preschool because of my migration."

7.) Often when we take off Maddie's diaper and she happens to escape, she'll turn and stick her bootie out and say "Skunk!"

8.) Whenever Madelynn sees something that is small or resembles a baby item, she'll put her hands on her face and say, "Oh, how cute!"

9.) When we were going through the nativity story before Christmas, we were talking about the characters. Grant pointed to one of the wisemen and said, "Who is that?" I told him that it is a wise man. Grant thought about that for a minute and then said, "Is that the same guy who built his house on a rock?"

We love these kids!

2 comments:

The Ross Family said...

oh my it too cute. great idea to write them down so you never forget. I got a good laugh. I need to be better about writing down the silly things my kids say and do. What a hoot!!!

Heather said...

Oh, KaraLee...your kids are a HOOT! thanks for sharing these hilarous things. That's awesome. Maybe I'll have to make Fa-Zangna....I'm sure Devin wouldn't be able to resist a dish filled with pepper and hair. Aren't kids the greatest?? Miss you so much! Love you!